As you know we have changed the scheduling of mid-term exams from January after the holiday break to before the holiday break starting tomorrow. We felt this better reflects how colleges schedule these exams and thus gives students similar experience. Also, with mid-terms completed before the holiday break, students and families can enjoy their time together without the stress of mid-term preparation over the break. All athletics and co-curruicula activities are on hold throughout exams so that students can concentrate on study. Please support your student to: 1) regard exams as serious---they represent 10% of the final year grade in an all-year course 2) develop a study schedule and stick to it until next Monday and 3) study in a quiet area free of distraction.
The exam schedule has been public since Thanksgiving; it is posted below for your reference.
MIDTERM EXAM SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, December 17 8:10 – 10:10 period 2 class
Thursday, December 18 8:10 – 10:10 period 1 class
period 3 class
Monday, December 22 8:10 – 10:10 period 7 class
Reminder to students:
- If you are not scheduled for an exam, you are not allowed upstairs – THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED. If you are in the building with no exam you must stay in the cafeteria or commons area.
- A Quiet Room will be designated each day for studying. Check the easel in the lobby for location every day.
- Students will not be able to access their individual folders nor the Groups folder during exams.
- If you are sick the day of an exam you must call the school.
- Make-up exams will be held at the earliest convenience of the teacher and student.
Following exams on Tuesday, December 23, we are conducting our first annual 'Day of Service'. This is a regular school day; but, instead of a focus on festivities, we have organzied a three-hour block of time where students will be serving our community in various locations around town. Your student has signed up for one of these venues. Percy's Transportation has been kind enough to run two buses during the day to these service sites. At the end of the day the bus routes will run as normal. Lunch will be served.
Good luck to all students with their exams,