I hope you have avoided seasonal sickness and have been able to enjoy all our outdoor recreational opportunities. It's the only way to keep cabin fever at a distance! Our winter sports season is winding down and we are gearing up for our One-Act Play. These events are a great way to break up the routine on those cold winter evenings. I caught a basketball game last night and had a blast!
I would also like to call your attention to a few other upcoming items on the calendar:
- VT Youth Risk Behavior Survey---will be administered to all students next Thursday, February 19 during extended T.A. We administer this every other year to collect climate data. No individual student data is reported. I sent out an e-mail memo on this which includes an opt-out form. I have also linked this memo/form below.
- You have probably heard by now that our new state assessment, called Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium will be adminstered by schools across the state in mathematics and English this spring. We have scheduled these as of last week for the following dates: 1) mathematics will be administered on March 24, 25, and 26. We will space out the English assessment and not administer these until May 26, 27, 28, and 29. As we scheduled these assessments we tried to balance the following factors: late notice of the exam schedule, the fact that this assessment falls on the junior class alone at the high school level, all the other assessment juniors face in the spring, and, Anagorisis requirement. Further, to help juniors we have decided to move junior Anagnorisis Presentations to September of the senior year. We will notify juniors next week but I wanted parents to hear this information first.
- Please review the Stowe School section of the Annual Town Report.
- Visit our website by following the links from your favorite school page or directly at www.lamoillesouthsu.org.
- Contact Tracy Wrend, Superintendent, by phone at 888-4541 ext. 0 or email, email@example.com.
- Contact a school board member.
- Attend the budget information meeting, Stowe Akeley Memorial Building, Monday, March 2, 2015, 5:00pm.
- Attend Town Meeting on Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 8:00am, Stowe High School Auditorium.
- The vote on the school budget is by Australian ballot in the Stowe High School Gym, 7:00am to 7:00pm on Town Meeting Day – Tuesday, March 3, 2015. Voters may also vote early at the Town Clerk’s office.